Specific Procurement Notice
Request for Bids
Plant Design, Supply and Installation
Employer: Moldova Energy Projects Implementation Unit
Project: Moldova Power System Development Project
Contract title: Upgrade of 330 kV Chisinau Substation
Country: Republic of Moldova
Credit No.: 6380-MD
RFB No: 6380-A2
1. The Republic of Moldova has received financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the Moldova Power System Development Project (Project), and intends to apply part of the proceeds toward payments under the Contract for Upgrade of 330 kV Chisinau Substation.
2. The Moldova Energy Projects Implementation Unit (MEPIU) now invites sealed Bids from eligible Bidders for Plant Design Supply, Installation, Testing and Commissioning for Upgrade of 330 kV Chisinau Substation. The existing Chisinau substation includes circuits at voltage levels of 330 kV, 110 kV and 35 kV. The Substation upgrade is necessary to accommodate the new 400 kV OHTL to be constructed within the Project. To allow the connection of the new 400 kV OHTL to Chisinau SS, it is necessary to install three single-phase 400/330/35 kV auto-transformers with an installed capacity of 210 MVA each (630 MVA in total), a spare unit single-phase autotransformer 400/330/35 kV, 210 MVA within the existing Chisinau substation area, including a new 400 kV bay, 330 kV bus bar extension, 400/330 kV switchgear, control and protection devices. The construction period is estimated to 32 months from contract signing.
3. Bidding will be conducted through international competitive procurement using a Request for Bids (RFB) as specified in the World Bank’s “Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers” dated July 2016, revised November 2017 and August 2018 (“Procurement Regulations”), and is open to all eligible Bidders as defined in the Procurement Regulations.
4. Interested eligible Bidders may obtain further information from MEPIU and inspect the bidding document during the office hours from 09:00 to 18:00 local time at the address given below.
5. The bidding document in the English language may be purchased by interested eligible Bidders upon the submission of a written application to the address below and upon payment of a nonrefundable fee of Moldovan Lei 2,500.00 (two thousand five hundred MDL, 00 bani), in the case of collection from the MEPIU office at the address stated below, or EUR 250.00 (two hundred fifty Euro, 00 eurocents), in the case of courier delivery, net of charges, or EUR 50.00 (fifty Euro, 00 eurocents), in the case of distribution electronically. The method of payment in both cases, will be by bank transfer to one of the accounts listed below:
For Moldovan Lei:
Beneficiary: MF - TR Chisinau - bugetul de stat UCIPE
Beneficiary: MF – TT Chisinau – bugetul de stat UCIPE
6. Bids must be delivered to the address below on or before April 20, 2021, 11:00 AM (local time). Electronic submission of bids will be permitted. Late Bids will be rejected. Bids will be publicly opened in the presence of the Bidders’ designated representatives and anyone who chooses to attend at the address below and streamed on-line on March 10, 2021 at 11:30 AM (local time).
7. All Bids must be accompanied by a Bid Security of EUR 200,000.00 (two hundred thousand Euro, 00 eurocents).
8. The address referred to above is:
Moldova Energy Projects Implementation Unit
Power System Development Project
Attn: Mrs. Aurelia Samson, Director
Address: 1, Alecu Russo Street, Block A1
Floor/ Office number: Sixteenth (16th) floor, office 163
ZIP/Postal Code: MD-2068
Country: Republic of Moldova
Tel. /Fax: (+373 22) 49 67 90