Moldova Energy Projects Implementation Unit (MEPIU) now invites candidates to express their interest in providing consultancy services for the social aspects of the implemented Projects.
Interested applicants should have the following qualifications and experience:
• University degree in social or other relevant fields (social sciences, sociology, economics, development planning and related subjects);
• At least 5 (five) years of relevant professional experience in conducting/monitoring social impact assessments, social impact mitigation/management and experience in social aspects with particular emphasis on social safeguards;
• Knowledge of World Bank and/or other international guidelines/policies in social risk, involuntary resettlement and impact assessment and management, would be a plus;
• Have sufficient knowledge of the National Legislation in the field of social policies;
• Practical experience in monitoring the implementation of ESIA, LACF/RPF, RAP, SEP and ESMP;
• Working knowledge of the Romanian and English languages; and
• Computer Literacy: Conversant with Microsoft Office (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
The Social Consultant will be required to take a lead in all social aspects/activities implemented within MEPIU. In particular, the Consultant shall carry out the following: elaborate/review and comment on the documentation related to social aspects; monitor the implementation of safeguards documents within the MEPIU Projects; and ensure that the conception, execution and monitoring of all MEPIU implemented activities follow IFI’s requirements and Republic of Moldova’s laws and regulations in the social field.
The Consultant will be hired on a full–time basis Contract for a one (1) year period, with possibility of annual extension, subject to the consultant’s satisfactory performance.
The applicants will send the CVs and Application letter to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org or in hard copies at the address: mun. Chişinău, MD-2068, str. Alecu Russo 1, bl. A1, off. 163 by COB on July 10, 2019.
Only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.