Specific Procurement Notice
Request for Bids
Design, Supply and Installation
(Two Envelope Bidding Process)
Employer: Moldova Energy Projects Implementation Unit
Project: Moldova Second District Heating Efficiency Improvement Project (DHEIP2)
Contract title: Installation of efficient cogeneration plants based on Gas Engines at HOB West and CHP Source 3 and Installation of power transformers and switchgear facilities (Plant Design, Supply & Installation)
Country: Republic of Moldova
Loan No.: 9134-MD
RFB No: 9134-B1.2
Issued on: November 28, 2022
1. The Republic of Moldova has received financing from the International Bank for Reconstruction and Development toward the cost of the Moldova Second District Heating Efficiency Improvement Project (DHEIP2), and intends to apply part of the proceeds toward payments under the Contract for Installation of efficient cogeneration plants based on Gas Engines at HOB West and CHP Source 3 and Installation of power transformers and switchgear facilities (Plant Design, Supply & Installation).
2. The Moldova Energy Projects Implementation Unit (MEPIU) now invites sealed Bids from eligible Bidders for the design, supply, installation and commissioning of two new cogeneration plants based on Gas Internal Combustion Engines (GICEs) in Chisinau, with a total net thermal energy production capacity of at least 43 Gcal/h, and corresponding electrical energy production capacity at the required efficiency, including:
- Design, supply, installation and commissioning of a new GICE-based cogeneration plant CHP Source 3 – on the territory of the existing CHP Source 2;
- Design, supply, installation and commissioning of a new GICE-based cogeneration plant CHP West – on the territory of the existing HOB West.
This Contract also shall include the design, supply and installation of the facilities necessary for the supply to the national power grid of the electricity produced by the new cogeneration plants, including:
- Design, supply, installation and commissioning of 6 kV and 110 kV switchgear, 6/110 kV power transformers at HOB West and 110 kV cable power lines for connection to the power grid;
- Design, supply, installation and commissioning of 6 kV and 110 kV switchgear at CHP Source 3.
Besides, the Contract shall also include the design, supply, installation and commissioning of all the necessary systems for connection of the new cogeneration plants to the natural gas supply, district heating system, water supply, sewerage systems; all the necessary electrical (high, medium and low voltage) systems, control systems, safety systems; other systems, equipment and facilities, as provided in the Bidding Document.
The construction period is estimated to 26 months from the Effective Date, that is the Contractor shall attain the Completion of the Facilities within 24 months from the Effective Date and the Guarantee Test of the Facilities shall be successfully completed within 60 (sixty) days from the date of Completion, including the issuance of the Operational Acceptance Certificate.
3. Bidding will be conducted through international competitive procurement using a Request for Bids (RFB), two-envelope approach, as specified in the World Bank’s “Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers”, dated July 2016, revised November 2017 and August 2018 (“Procurement Regulations”), and is open to all eligible Bidders as defined in the Procurement Regulations.
4. Interested eligible Bidders may obtain further information from MEPIU and inspect the bidding document during office hours from 09:00 to 17:00 local time at the address given below.
5. The Bidding Document in the English language may be purchased by interested eligible Bidders upon the submission of a written application to the address below and upon payment of a nonrefundable fee, net of charges, of Moldovan Lei 2,500.00 (two thousand five hundred MDL, 00 bani), in the case of collection from the MEPIU office at the address stated below, or EUR 250.00 (two hundred fifty Euro, 00 eurocents), in the case of courier delivery, or EUR 50.00 (fifty Euro, 00 eurocents), in the case of electronical distribution. The method of payment in all cases, shall be the bank transfer to one of the accounts listed below:
|For Moldovan Lei*:
Beneficiary: MF- TR Chisinau - bugetul de stat UCIPE
Fiscal Code: 13747014
Beneficiary Bank: Ministerul Finantelor – Trezoreria de stat
SWIFT Code: TREZMD2X
Beneficiary: MF – TR Chisinau – bugetul de stat, UCIPE
Beneficiary Bank: National Bank of Moldova, Chișinău, Moldova Republic Of
SWIFT Code: NBMDMD2X
Intermediary Bank: De Nederlandsche Bank N.V., Amsterdam, Netherlands
SWIFT Code: FLORNL2ACAC
* the Bank details are valid for the year 2022 (ended December 31, 2022). The payment details after January 01, 2023 shall be provided upon written request sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. Bids must be delivered to the address below on or before APRIL 27, 2023 at 11:00 AM (local time). Electronic Bidding will not be permitted. Late Bids will be rejected. The outer Bid envelopes marked “Original Bid”, and the inner envelopes marked “Technical Part” will be publicly opened in the presence of the Bidders’ designated representatives and anyone who chooses to attend, at the address below on APRIL 27, 2023 at 11:00 AM (local time). All envelopes marked “Financial Part” shall remain unopened and will be held in safe custody of the Employer until the second public opening.
7. All Bids must be accompanied by a Bid Security of EUR 750,000.00 (seven hundred fifty thousand Euro, 00 eurocents).
8. Attention is drawn to the Procurement Regulations requiring the Borrower to disclose information on the successful bidder’s beneficial ownership, as part of the Contract Award Notice, using the Beneficial Ownership Disclosure Form as included in the bidding document.
9. The address referred to above is:
To: Moldova Energy Projects Implementation Unit (MEPIU)
Moldova Second District Heating Efficiency Improvement Project
Attn: Mrs. Aurelia Samson, Director
Address: 1, Alecu Russo Street, Block A1
Floor/ Office number: Sixteenth (16th) floor, office 163
ZIP/Postal Code: MD-2068
Country: Republic of Moldova
Tel. /Fax: (+373 22) 49 67 90